Crazy how fast 2010 flew by, huh? With 2011 rapidly approaching, it’s already time to take a look back at the past year here at Tao of Bachelorhood. First and foremost, I want to thank you for reading—I’m truly here to help you.
Remember you can send comments and questions any time via each page’s comment form or e-mail, no matter how small (remember, there are no stupid questions) and I’ll read each one.
Most-read Articles of 2010
The most popular posts of the year are a fairly wide assortment, ranging from nutrition to clothes to seduction:
- P90X vs. Men’s Health: The ultimate linkbait at the end of the year, it apparently even made Men’s Health reconsider their opinion of P90X.
- Be a Man About It: Get What You Want With Integrity: In a world where “getting yours” is often at the expense of strangers, this is how to do it while making friends, thereby getting more of everything.
- 6 Items of Clothing Every Man Should Own: I don’t think I need to elaborate on that title. Read it, then do it.
- The Single Man’s Shopping List: So many of you came here looking for this that I was obliged to write it. Just a simple system for buying your groceries.
- Cut the Crap and Save Your Life: One rule to better health. Plus, that first video still cracks me up.
- Sport Coats: Not Just For Anchormen: Apparently a lot of Google searchers don’t know the difference between a sport coat and a blazer. Good thing this article lets you know.
- Board Shorts to Speedos: What to Wear When: Seasonal remedial dressing. (Hey, before I did the research I had no idea what a “jammer” was myself!)
- Iron Gym Review: Hint: it’s a good review.
- The 3 Stages of Seduction: And none of them is a “neg.” A primer in how to meet women and avoid creepiness.
- Do Real Men Moisturize?: Yeah, a real cliffhanger. It contains more than one word, though.
My Favorite Articles of 2010
These posts weren’t the most popular, but I think they’re some of the best stuff I’ve written.
- Be a Man About It: Handling RSVPs: The single biggest problem in the “E-vite generation” is understanding the RSVP. Read and learn.
- Leather Coats to Denim Jackets: Cool Weather Cover-up: Fall and winter outerwear explained.
- Ultimate Spring Cleaning: The massive series, which covers not just cleaning your place, but your head as well. Get ready for another run-through this spring.
- The “New Macho”?: I mean, WTF?
- Get More Shaves for $30…or $0: What if I had a way for you to save dozens, maybe even hundreds of dollars a year, with almost no effort? Well, this is one.
- The Secret to Getting the Date (Not Just the Number): Closing the deal can be the hardest part.
- How to Begin and End a First Date: Simple tips from some respected bloggers to help you get off on the right foot and end without awkwardness.
- Be a Man About It: Date With Confidence: Another in the “Be a Man About It” series, it completes the dating trilogy.
- 10 Ways to Get Off Your Butt: You are being oppressed by your chair. The revolution starts here.
- Lessons from Dennis Hopper: I may never write a better eulogy. The man had plenty to share.
- Online Dating Series: From choosing an online dating site to securing the real-life date, this is the step-by-step guide. Start with Online Dating: The 4 Tools You Need to Get Started.
This year we inaugurated the Tao of Bachelorhood Podcast, and you can subscribe on iTunes or listen here:
- Tao of Bachelorhood Podcast: How to Beat Holiday Stress
- Tao of Bachelorhood Podcast: One Step to Meeting More Women
- Tao of Bachelorhood Podcast: Texting for Dates Redux
- Tao of Bachelorhood Podcast: Grooming Product Reviews
Again, if there’s anything you’d like to see covered in 2011, send me a note.